Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Mon. May 3rd New Hamburg

Join us as we travel North America in our Holiday Rambler Vacationer, since August. 2006
wild turkey in the field
      After very nice day with my family and on the drive back last night our car announced that it needed brakes with a very loud grinding noise from the front wheels. So after my morning fix of several coffees I took the car to Pettigrew's Garage in Plattsville at 8:00am. As busy as they are there Dale found a way to work me into their schedule. After a quick test drive and inspection the front brakes were replaced, oil change done as well and out the door by 11:00 am. Thanks Dale. While hanging out at the garage I managed to run into a few more local people I have not seen for a few years.

      Back home we had a quick bite to eat then off to meet our new family doctor in Stratford for our yearly physicals, a nice doctor and all is good, just a few lab tests and we are good to go. On the way back I stopped at the grocery store in NewHamburg and ran into a woman (Donna) I had not seen for a while, we chatted for a bit, getting caught up and found out they had left Plattsville 14 years ago, seems like only yesterday, hmm time sure flies. The nice thing about small towns and villages is that everytime I patronize a local business I almost always run into someone I have not seen for a while, every outing is a social event.   

      After a bit of yard work in the sun we had a nice roasted chicken for supper, with rice, fresh asparagus, and a salad  for supper, then relax on the porch for a nice sunset again.
nice sunset
Visitor Number
Notice the controls for this New Map on the left side, you can zoom into different areas of the map and see where we are or have been.

View
Summer 2010 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.