Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Wed. Nov. 2, Lets putter about some more.


         Its just another beautiful day, blue skies here in Abita Springs enjoying my morning walkabout, after coffees and computing for a bit.
such a beautiful morning
        Then a quick trip to Walmart for a new drinking water hose, our old one is in pretty rough shape after 15 years of use. A quiet shopping trip today, no "Cops and Robbers". Then back to the resort and check for my parcel from Weber for our Q-100 grill. They had sent me a new regulator for our grill free, we just paid for overnight delivery. While we were hiding behind the meat counter at Winn Dixie yesterday I could not resist buying I nice slab of ribs to cook on our grill once the new part came in so I was anxious to get it fixed.

         So while waiting for the part I worked on the honey do list, straighten a few pictures on our photo wall and then remove and clean a couple venetian blinds. The beauty of these metal blinds is they are easy to restring and clean up with a hose looking just like new. And while they are down I may as well shampoo the valences too.
looking like new
valences all cleaned up
        At 2:30 I went back to the office to check for my parcel but the girl at the desk said not yet. So back to my computer and emailed Jan my contact at Weber customer service to see if they had a tracking number. Less than five minutes later we received a phone call from Jan informing us the package was dropped of at 10:01 this morning at the office. Great service. Back to the office and there it was, not where it was supposed to be. Amazing how it can come half way across the USA in twenty four hours and get lost in a tiny office.
the part is here
        Now I am happy, got the new part, installed it on our Weber Q 100 and it works like new.  Once I reinstalled the blinds I fired up the Weber and proceeded to grill some tasty, fall off the bone and sticky pork ribs, with sauerkraut, broccoli, potatoes and onions in foil. Oh yeah and Suzie is happy too, clean blinds, tasty supper and another sunny day in southern Louisianna.  Doesn't get much better than this.
tasty supper
hit counters
Visitor Number
 
Notice the controls for this New Map on the left side, you can zoom into different areas of the map and see where we are or have been.
View Larger Map

2 comments:

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.