Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Another day in Paradise.

Where are we today ?
Plattsville Ontario
        A sunny hot day again, yep I'm lovin it too. The temps are 27c feels like 32c (90F) and we have things to do today. First off at 8:15 am Suzie is going to London with her mom and dad for some more testing on her mom. I have to make our coach mobile and head to dump our sewage tanks, refill with fresh water and refill our propane tank. The sewage needs to be done about every 10 days when we dry camp in friends and relatives' back yards. At most we have access to a 15 amp electrical service and some not. Something we need to do to stay in thus area to help out with both our mothers as needed. Plus we get the opportunity to visit with various friends as well.
        I got back to our John and Lea's and set up camp again, Suzie and her parents picked me up and along with her sister Rose went to Shakers Family Restaurant in Plattsville. Discussed doctors visit and enjoyed a very tasty lunch. And because of this we will forgo supper later  today. I almost forgot to take a picture, if I don't at least one of our followers will tell me about it.
Shakers
lightly hand fresh battered fish for me
Suzie's Homemade burger patty for hot hamburg
        The food here is always excellent and reasonably priced, with the owner/cook always checking with every table to make sure everything is alright.
        Now back home to putter around a bit and read in the shade for a while enjoying the peace and quite here, it is so nice! Then about 4 o'clock time for a nice cool down dip in the pool, even thou the water is 88f it is still nice and refreshing. Chat with our host Lea and daughter Cass for a while before they head out to Jamie's ball game in Kitchener.
       Then just kinda read and comput for while still enjoy the peaceful setting here with no sounds other than the Mourning Doves cooing in the background.
        Just another fun day in the life of us fulltime rver's, not quite sure what is happening day to day, but we are flexible with a house on wheels. Oh yeah gotta find me a new point a shoot camera, my trusty Fuji needs to be repaired or replaced, and think replacement is in order this one has served me well taking over 35,000 picture in the last 3 and 1/2 years. And I have one in mind that should serve, my purpose at a reasonable price. My cameras do take a beating too always with me wherever we go. So nothing to expensive or high tech for this guy (been there done that) it just need to take decent pictures when I want to take them. I should hopefully have a report on that tomorrow.
        Thanks for the read...
Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2012 in a larger map

4 comments:

  1. Seems like you guy's make out great with just the 15 amp and 10 days between dumps. Sure worth it to stay where you want. Sounded like a nice lunch and a delicious looking meal you both had. Good Luck with your choice of Camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can get by with our solar when in Arizona, just not quite enough cloud free days here in Ontario, so a little electricity helps us our.

      Delete
  2. The Fish 'n Chip meal looked terrific - I could almost taste it out here on the west coast.

    I'll be very interested to hear, and see, what kind of camera you bought. I'm in the same boat as my camera is now 3.5 yrs. old which is centuries in hi-tech terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fish'n Chips were awesome.

      Got camera will tell about it on Thursday's posting.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.