Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

All is looking good here and somebody had a birthday!

Where are we today ? 
          Up early this morning with a back ache that would not let me sleep. So got my computing all done before the sunrise, a massager and pain pills helps me feel better. When Suzie got up we chatted for a bit and had coffees. Wished her a Happy Birthday (even thou nobody is supposed to know) but she reads the blog too, so I will catch heck tomorrow.
          Then as she headed into visit Mom and Dad at 7:30 a.m. I took a nice country drive into Plattsville to chat with a few locals. Love the early morning scenery here especially the mist on the Nith river.
In Haysville looking south
Looking north
         Doing stuff around here and then called my chiropractor and whipped into Waterloo for a quick fix. Was gonna stop by my mom's for a coffee but she was out gallivanting around town, nice to see she is keeping busy, her exercise class.
          Home in time to make Suzie lunch and we just puttered around some more helping out a bit. Her sister dropped in to take Mom and Dad to Tim Hortons for their usual morning social time that they have been missing for a few weeks.
         I did a few more things about the house then relaxed in the sun with my book for a bit to rest up my back like I am supposed to after an adjustment. At 3 o'clock Suzie took her Mom to Kitchener to get hearing aides adjusted.
         Remembered we need some fresh water in our holding tank so I topped that up too. Looks like Suzie's Mom and Dad are settled in here and doing fine, quickly recovering from his hip replacement and a even the few hiccups afterwards too, these farmers are a tough breed. So I think we are leaving here in the morning and heading out somewhere not too far away, to be determined by the birthday girl.
        Now soon time to whip up supper, so I set up our Weber Q and grilled some very tasty honey garlic farmers sausage and taters to add to the leftover veggies from yesterday and a lettuce salad for the four of us.
a small campsite but it does the trick
Our Weber Q can work almost anywhere
Hit the spot again, no pie tonight we get a break,
Sorry Rick
         We head back to our driveway house and friends of theirs dropped by with a large jar of homemade soup and a visit, so looks like they are good to go again.
         We will celebrate Suzie's birthday more with a special meal that she wants me to cook for her some time soon.
         Thanks for stopping in and all the well wishes from everyone. Hope you had a great day too. 
 Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
 Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2013 in a larger map

20 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday wish to you, Suzie. Glad to see your husband is taking good care of you.

    So glad I get to keep reading about how good mom and dad are doing. That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the birthday wishes. I know she appreciates it, I do my best to take care of her too.
      A minor setback but all is looking good again.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Suzie...

    Glad all is going well with Suzie's Mom and Dad.
    Take care of that back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes, and my back does need a tune up once in a while.
      Then I feel awesome again!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Suzie from Kathy and I and we know that you got your birthday wish of both your parents being home and doing well.

    Sorry George we finished our pie for lunch so we didn't have any for supper either. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell her we know it's her birthday... but if she finds out tell her happy birthday from us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Suzie...you share it as well with our Son, Shawn. Seems to be lot of Virgo's around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Happy Birthday Wishes to Suzie - we're still keeping track of you guys and so good to read that all the parents are doing well. They're lucky to have you two close by for support.

    Keep up all that grilling George - always looks delicious. Make sure you take some time soon to spoil Suzie - birthday or not.

    Take Care and Travel Safe,

    Ron & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Suzie! I just know you will make her birthday supper special. Here the summer is drawing to a close. We should try to get together before we all fly south. Judy & John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, if things slow down a but here we can give it a shot, would be nice.

      Delete
  8. Well, Happy Birthday to Suzie!
    I too have the same issue of, "Don't put things about me on your blog!" when it comes to my wife. Makes it a bit of a challenge some times, but I've had to adapt.
    At least you are allowed to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does get a little frustrated some times with my camera but does tolerate me.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday, Suzie. (I promise I won't tell anyone either.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Suzie! You look as great as when I first met you. Enjoy the day and all the attention.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.