Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, December 07, 2015

Do you back-up your Blog ? And just more sunny weather here in the Q.


Where are we today ?
         Do you back-up your Blog??? If it's on Blogger so easy to do. If it's on the internet it could just go away at any given time.
        Prime example was last night after writing  my Blog I went to post it and got this message below!
      Our blog was gone! Poof just like that. I tried to access any of my over 2,200 postings every one I have written in the last 10 years, no go. 
      I tried a few things but nada.. Suzie tried to access from her computer same message, no poof ! Well shut down for the night something for another day. Luckily I have backed up my blog a few times over the years recently about a month ago.
      It is so easy to do too, check the picture below.

       This morning I got up fired up my Mac and voila, me Blog came back !! So after a happy dance I settled down and backed it up again. Just like backing up your computer it is not if it will crash it is a matter of when and ya never know.
       I found out from Rick Doyle that it was a google server issue and quickly resolved. Thank goodness! Thank Rick.
       Now this morning we had another wonderful sunrise. And saw the 1/4 moon and Venus just below it, Thanks for the info Al!
       Nice early walkabout for a couple miles here in the desert so peaceful it is.
hey thats me I am so tall here , love it
       Then a cruise in and around town, stopped by Discount solar for a quote on another solar panel, good prices there but for the price we can put a lot of fuel in our genny for a few more years if needed. So far we can get by with our one panel and no genny needed. Batteries fully charged by 2 pm today, even with a bit of cloud cover off an on.
        Suzie ready to explore a few spots in town. First stop K&B tools. quick look and I will be back again. Then she wandered across and found 2 beautiful sweat shirts she has been looking only $8.00 each. Now remember Suzie hates shopping, in and out in no time flat.
     Then we checked out the clearance food and stuff, picked up a few great deals here.
      Couple more vendors with deals but I will be back for a few things. Suzie does not like to shop right?
I will be back for some drill bits
       Home for lunch, take a new pick of us for the header and enjoy this wonderful sunny warm day.
this be our garden
 
       E - readers and warm weather  no neighbors close and pretty quiet too what not to
love about that?

           Gotta whip up supper (that's my job) pan fried Tilapia and a salad sure did the trick tonight. Suzie does the dishes she loves this boon docking. paper plates plastic utensils and food cooked on the BBQ. Hmm whats not to like about that?
    then another desert sunset
    now can you beat this weather?
    we love it
          Now we just hanging out here having too much fun, taking it easy, thanks for coming by again, nice to see ya.

    Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Fall and Winter..

    27 comments:

    1. Dang, you sure do have long legs... Love that picture.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh, I forgot to answer your question. No, I don't back up my blog, just save it on blogger.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Mine was saved on blogger too and yesterday it was gone whipped away..

        Delete
    3. Wow, I am so happy for you. That's a worst nightmare, especially you. I've only been blogging for a few years and don't have the volume you do. I do however pay a monthly fee to have mine backed up by my hosting company. I still would like to keep a copy for myself, but I haven't done that yet. I do have three copies of all my data and photos on solid state drives that I keep in separate locations. Paranoid? Maybe. Had a bad experience over the years? Yes. Several.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. PS: I just did an external back up. Again thanks for the reminder.

        Delete
      2. That's good Gary, I always back up my hard drive too.

        Delete
    4. Thank you for the backup information.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks for the tip George. I have also backed mine up!! Good to know before we head out on our three month Mexico trip again in 4 weeks!!

      Http://runningawaywithdougandnancy.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. Love your new header photo! I also enjoyed looking at "Q". It'll be interesting to see how it'll grow there over the next few weeks.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Jeri, the population will slowly increase everyday then the flood in January! As you know.

        Delete
    7. I'm bad about not backing up anything very often. I really need to learn how... will be re-reading your "how to" instructions.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Only takes a minute or two to export it to a folder on you computer. Not in a readable format but reading to post again if something happens.

        Delete
    8. I bought a shock proof back up many years ago during an Escapade. I back up once a month after reconciling the bank statement. I do all of our computers.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Always a good idea, my Mac reminds me every 10 days so I keep on top of it, but the blogger data is on line that needs to be done separately.

        Delete
    9. Back up? Who takes time to do that? My last laptop bit the dust and with it a lot of my stuff. As far as my pictures, I save all the memory chips and buy new ones when the old ones get full. That way, I always have my pictures saved. I have a case especially made for those chips.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have my pics backed up on an external drive automatically, and dvds.
        The back up for the blog only takes 2 minutes.

        Delete
    10. I'll bet your heart sunk - I'll look into backing mine up

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It did so, but its back now and backed up as well.

        Delete
    11. When in Q, I stay away from K&B Tools. It's too easy to exceed the CCC on my MH with the great prices on their stuff! ;c)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They do have some great deals, but I don't need or have room for more stuff, always nice to look though.

        Delete
    12. Good thing that you backed up your blog.

      Hmm, those mid-70's temperatures are inviting.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Thanks for the blog backup reminder even though I am late to the party on this post. Glad you are enjoying the warm weather in AZ.

      ReplyDelete

    We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.